"and this dust will never settle"

an useless blog made by a bored misanthrope.

Freitag, 15. Januar 2010

"we're beloved"

A couple of days ago I stumbled upon a band called THE BELOVED. Till that day I have never ever heard of said group. Needles to say I was psyched when I first heard their This means war EP. Especially the track "Saints preserve us" stood out for me. It's this kind of song you hear once and eventually it will stuck in your head forever. But I'll say that you should check it out on your own. Here it is:



Now, the funny thing about the band is, that they had a big, big succes in the early nineties. I guess, their members didn't have to work since, because with all these royalities they most likely manage to have a decent living after all. You're confused what I'm talking about? Here we go again. Same band, "different direction":



Of course, everybody knows this song. However, most of us didn't know the band behind it. I don't know about you, but I think it's funny to see how bands and artists can progress in the most different directions. Plus, it's kinda sad to realize, that people will judge THE BELOVED by their later work only. That being said, if you get a chance to buy a copy of their early work, DO IT!

Thanks for reading.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen