"and this dust will never settle"

an useless blog made by a bored misanthrope.

Donnerstag, 30. Juli 2009

TOP10 #1

The first time, I do this. Top songs (that I found on Youtube) at the moment:

#1 Einstürzende Neubauten - die befindlichkeit des landes
Well, first I slept way too long on this band, once I listened through "halber Mensch" I became the biggest fan of their old songs and then I somehow was too lazy to check their newer stuff. This song is off their "Silence is sexy" Release, which came out in 2000, I think. One of their best songs and this live video fits the mood of the song perfectly.



#2 Adolescents - amobea
Saw them two days ago. This band wrote "Kids of the black hole" as well as "Amobea", so they basically did everything right.



#3 For Against - sabres
Great and underrated American band. Though they don't really sound american. Maybe that's why they never gained much attention. They're still around, hope to see them sometime. By the way, you know that band from Canada, "The Organ"? Check this out. It's basically a 1 on 1 rip-off.



#4 Deftones - passenger
I wanna do drugs with Chino. Really, fuck the haters. This band is way more than some whacky New-Metal. White Pony - good record. While we're at it: I never got into Tool. What's wrong with me?



#5 Neurosis & Jarboe - within
So, first there was Swans, then Neurosis came. Both had a huge influence on the independent underground with their nihilistic sound walls and the fear they'd create with their music. This song is Neurosis playing the music and singer Jarboe Swans recording some seriously disturbing noises/speeches/melodies.



#6 Swans - love will save you
This song is off the White Light from the Mouth of Infinity album, which has a huge wyrd/neo-folk touch. Song's nice and so are the lyrics. Can't get this track out of my head since I first heard it.


#7 Rome - die brandstifter
It's like Death in June and Tom Waits having a dinner, getting drunk and recording. This could have been the result of said party.

"You admire the lions, you despise all the sheep.
But following lions makes nothing but sheep"




#8 Against Me! - sink, florida, sink
It's not realling fitting into the list, but it's such a beautiful song. Especially in it's accustic version.



#9 The Waterboys - this is the sea
Irish new wave/pop group back in the eighties. My father once gave me a best-of CD of them and I became a fan pretty fast. I know, the sax sounds strange at times, but nevermind. They like to sing about nature, spirit and stuff, which is awesome.



#10 Current 93 & Nick Cave - all the pretty little horses
David Tibet teams up with Mister Cave and this is the beautiful result.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen